Friday, October 24, 2008

Missing From the Circle

With the knowledge and understanding there are many Native American families that search for loved ones we created Missing From the Circle to assist them free of charge.

In November 2007 we were contacted by a family that had been searching for their sister for nearly 30 years with no success. This message refers to our locating their sister:

This year is especially meaningful. I was adopted at 8 years old. I never expected that I would ever see any one that I was biologically related to ever again. As the years have passed one
by one I came in contact with my eight siblings. There was just one sister that was nowhere to be found. I finally turned to a private detective firm who specializes in finding missing Native Americans. Much thanks to Lamar and Associates and their program called "Missing from the Circle." My oldest sister was located but is in frail health.

My family has grown so much bigger and I am truly enjoying getting to know my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews. We are sending pictures back and forth and so excited to learn who looks like who. On November 3, 2007, I, my husband Frank, and my son Matt will be traveling to Texas for a family reunion I never dreamed could happen.

Sincerely,
Kathleen Walker